If you are a member attempting to accept these terms and conditions, please return to your account profile and check the box next to ‘Do you agree to our terms and conditions?’
Updated April 1, 2016
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect personal information that you provide through voluntary submissions via this Website. This information may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and fax number when you register for or renew membership on this Website, when you register for courses or events offered through this Website, when you sign up for our mailing or email lists or other services, when you request information from us or submit an inquiry or comment to us online, or when otherwise voluntarily provided by you. We use this information to register you for membership(s) and courses you request, to respond to your inquiries and requests, to deliver alerts and other information you request, to provide services to you, and to enable functionality of this Website.
We also collect content you upload or post through voluntary submissions made through our online forums. Such information may include photos (including any data, such as time, location and date, embedded in the photo) and any other information you voluntarily provide. We use this information to populate/display the forum and facilitate online communication among registered users.
We may also collect device IP addresses from users to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer this Website.
Finally, we may use information collected through this Website to analyze Website usage, perform our own internal trend analysis, improve and administer this Website, enable Website functionality and personalize content.
Please see our Terms [below] for additional information.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
ISSVD will not share your personal information except in the following limited circumstances:
COOKIES AND TRACKING
When you view this Website, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on this Website. Our cookies would help you navigate this Website as easily as possible, deliver content specific to your interests and prevent you from reentering all your registration data at each connection.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
This Website does not respond to “Do Not Track Signals.”
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the security of personally identifiable information seriously. Our Website has reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration and destruction of the personal information collected through this Website that is under our control. Reasonable efforts are made to secure our web servers, networks, host operating systems and databases against unauthorized access. Please remember that the security measures taken above are not foolproof; no website can guarantee that personally identifiable information will be protected in all situations. We cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached. If we learn of a breach, we will comply with applicable law; however, unless a statute provides you a right that cannot be waived, you specifically waive and covenant not to sue us for any data loss or breach of our system resulting in loss of personal information. See our Terms [below] for more information.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND/OR LINKS
HOW TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND/OR UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have questions about this Policy, or if you wish to correct, update, amend or delete/remove personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose to stop receiving communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our emails or by sending an email to email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable, unless a different retention period is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any information collected, including personal information, at any time.
To the extent that this Website allows forums for members to post questions, messages or other communication to the Website, please be aware that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information to other users. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in our forum. ISSVD is not responsible for the disclosure of any information to any authorized user of the forum.
NO CHILDREN UNDER 13
This Website is designed for members of the ISSVD who are licensed physicians or others who have attained or completed a college degree or an advanced clinical degree from an accredited institution. As such, this Website is not directed at or intended for use by children under the age of 13. This Website does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
This Website requires its users to identify their residency at the time of membership, event or course registration. If a non-U.S. resident or a user in a location outside the U.S. elects to register and use this Website, that user must consent to the transfer of his/her personal information to the U.S. and the processing of his or her personal information in the United States as described in this Policy. If you voluntarily submit personal information via our Website other than through registration, you consent to the transfer and processing of your personal information in the United States as described in this Policy. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, your personal information transferred to the U.S. may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction.
We may update or change our privacy practices and this Policy from time to time. If we update the Policy, we will publish an announcement on our Website. The date at the top of this policy reflects the date of the most recent update. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of any amendment, modification or change constitutes your acceptance of the changes.
Updated April 13, 2016
(1) Introduction; Changes to Terms. You acknowledge that you have read and accept these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, or any amendment to these Terms, you may not access or otherwise use this Website and you should exit this Website immediately.
(2) No Minors; Compliance with Laws. You acknowledge, represent and warrant that: (i) You are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and (ii) in using this Website, you will comply with all applicable international, country, federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
(3) User IDs, Passwords, and Security. You are responsible for maintaining security and control over your user ID and password that you create to use certain features of this Website. We are not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your accounts or the Website. If you believe that the security of your user ID and/or password has been compromised, you agree to immediately change your user ID and/or password to eliminate this security risk. You will notify us of any known or suspected unauthorized use of, or disclosure related to, your account.
(5) Functionality; Disclaimers. ISSVD may limit the amount of storage space, activity, bandwidth, or any other resources available on the Website in its discretion. Periodically, this Website may become unavailable due to required maintenance or other reasons. ISSVD assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failures, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any content or information that you submit on, to, or through the Website.
THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, ISSVD MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER, ISSVD DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCURACY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ISSVD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ISSVD BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE. FUTHER, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.
(6) ISSVD Right to Change Website. ISSVD may change, enhance, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Website at any time, including but not limited to the availability of any Website feature, database, or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of this Website without notice or liability.
(7) No Misuse of Website. You will not and agree not to, and understand that you violate these Terms when you, do any of the following:
The above list of prohibited, unacceptable uses of this Website is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather illustrative of the range of unacceptable uses. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine whether any particular conduct is an acceptable use of this Website.
(8) Proprietary Content of ISSVD. All content used on and in this Website and the functionality of this Website, including without limitation the text, logos, designs, icons, software, scripts, source code, graphics, photos, images, likenesses, domain names, interactive features, and the like, and the trade secrets, trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, and logos contained therein, but excluding User Content as defined below (collectively, “ISSVD Content”), are owned by or licensed to ISSVD and are proprietary and protected by applicable intellectual property law. No express or implied rights are conferred on you to use ISSVD Content. Except as explicitly permitted by these Terms or the functionality of this Website, ISSVD Content may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, modified, adapted, sideloaded, used in derivative works, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. We may change any ISSVD Content without notice.
Any requests for permissions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(10) User Content – What You Can and Cannot Submit. Subject to these Terms, you may submit, upload, and/or post to the Website data and digital media as may be permitted from time to time by the Website, which may include text, pictures, audio, video, electronic files, and other content supplied by you and other users (“User Content”). User Content includes, but is not limited to, submissions to our online message board. By submitting, uploading, or posting User Content, you acknowledge that ISSVD will store User Content on ISSVD’s or our cloud/technical service providers’ servers for use on or by this Website. ISSVD does not review, approve, or otherwise assist in the creation of User Content.
For each piece of your User Content, you agree that:
We are under no obligation to post or use any User Content, and we may remove User Content of which we become aware at any time for any reason in our sole discretion.
(11) User Content – Your License to ISSVD. You hereby grant to ISSVD a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and otherwise exploit your User Submissions, in all media now known or hereafter developed.
(12) Consent to Receive Electronic Communications. If you agree to register to receive alerts, emails, services, or other communications via web forms on this Website or via email, you consent to receive all such communications from us concerning any subject matter via email (unless specifically prohibited by applicable law). It is your responsibility to maintain a valid email address. You may opt out of receiving commercial communications at any time using the prompts contained at the bottom of our emails.
(13) DMCA Copyright Notice and Repeat Infringer Policy. If you are a copyright holder who believes that any of the products, services, or content which are directly available via the Website contain infringing copies of your work, please notify us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to terminate a user’s access to the Website if we determine, in our sole discretion, that the user is a repeat infringer. For purposes of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, a repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity and has had User Content removed from the Website more than once.
(14) Indemnity. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold ISSVD, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, cost, and expense incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Website, your postings on the Website, forums or discussions, any breach by you of these Terms or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. ISSVD reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of ISSVD.
(15) Termination. If you fail, or if we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion, without notice to you, terminate, suspend, disable, or prohibit your access to the Website. If your access has been terminated, we may, but we are not obligated to, irretrievably delete any and all content we have stored pertaining to activity from your user ID and account. You may terminate this agreement at any time by simply discontinuing access to and use of the Website.
(16) Governing Law/Choice of Forum. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with ISSVD concerning these Terms or relating in any way to your use of this Website resides in the federal and state courts located in North Carolina. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT NEITHER YOU NOR ISSVD WILL PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS ACTION ARBITRATION OR CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, IF ISSVD IS A PARTY TO SUCH A PROCEEDING.
(17) No Obligation to Participate in Disputes Between Users. If there is a dispute between users of the Website, or between a user and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release ISSVD and its officers, employees, agents, representatives, and successors from any and all claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or this Website.
(19) Miscellaneous. Failure by ISSVD to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by ISSVD without restriction. If any provision of these Terms, or any portion thereof, is held to be invalid and unenforceable, then the remainder of these Terms nevertheless remain in full force and effect.